Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Why must they be boyz?

Yesterday evening, Isaiah ate dirt.

Of course, this is nothing new -- he regularly eats dirt and sand.

But last night it caused him a problem. He came in to me swallowing obsessively, gulped down a drink, vomited a couple of times, and repeated that routine for a few hours. (The vomit only had lots dirt in it a couple of times). I tried to eat, and could eat little bits, but obviously had a hard time swallowing.

When he went to bed, we figured it would pass. But he was still gagging, dry heaving, etc, not able to swallow right, etc. this morning at breakfast. So I made him a dr. appointment, and came to work.

I have visions of them having to do minor surgery to dislodge some rock from his throat or something. (or worse, saying nothing is wrong, and Isaiah not being able to eat for a long time waiting for the problem to correct itself)...

Chester's supposed to email me an update, but I'm worried while I work right now....
I want to call to see if they're back from the dr. yet (the appointment was 2 1/2 hours ago), but I know that would annoy Chet. So I wait for the email..... I guess there's nothing I could do anyway. Good thing I have lots of work to do.


*** update ***

Yup, the dr. says nothing is wrong. We wasted our time. But if he keeps gagging, vomiting and not being able to eat, we should call back in a few days. grr...

No comments: